The Niekawa-juku is a small station town, it is the northernmost accommodation in Kiso 11 inn. This place was established Niekawa checking station also was the defensive base in the north of Kiso Road.Because the majority of the town was destroyed by the large fire of 1930, the appearance of the past was not felt much. The Niekawa-juku was located about 7.9 km from the Motoyama-juku. The town had a population of 545 (man 304、woman 241), 124 houses, one honjin, one waki-honjin，and 25 hatago in the year 1843.
The first floor provided space for a shop (to the left) and a kitchen (to the right). Two samurai solve grass in front of the wash feet. In the shop front is a lodging officer, a palanquin driver sits and smokes his pipe.