The Midono-juku has been hit by four big fire in the Edo period, but since it was burned down almost by the big fire in 1881, there are few aspects at the time. Also, as the railroad opened, the center of the town has moved to Midono Station (now Minami Kiso Station), so now it is a quiet townscape. The Midono-juku was located about 10.1 km from the Nojiri -juku. The town had a population of 594 (man 310、woman 284) in the year 1843 )，77 houses, one honjin，one waki-honjin，and 32 hatago in the year 1843.
Between the wheat leaves in the wind, A farmer with a pipe is weeding out his field as the breeze swifts through the straws. His wife walks through the ridge of the rice fields carrying cooked rice on her head.