The Kounosu-juku was transferred to the place as of 1602. The Ichi bustled in the three places of the upper market, middle market and lower market place, and the Ichi switched to the fourth and ninth day every month and the Ichi bustled a lot. The Kounosu-juku stood 7.2 kilometers from the Okegawa-juku. The town had a population of 2,274 (man 1,132、woman 1,412), 566 houses, one honjin, one waki-honjin, and 58 hatago in the year 1843.
Trees of hackberry were planted along this part of the road, wheat fields spread on both sides. Mingled with a traveler who goes on a path, "Komuso" were monks who is going down the country walks.