The Shinmachi-juku is the last lodging place in Nakasendo. The cruise ship was placed in the Nukui River from 1759. Kaga ・ Maeda clan pioneered the path through Shinmachi.The Shinmachi-juku was located approximately 7.9 1cm from the Honjou-juku. The town had a population of 1,173, 407 houses, two honjin, one waki-honjin，and 43 hatago in the year 1843.
The bridge crossing over Nukui River was called Benten-bashi Bridge Two people cross the bridge carrying loads of silk and cocoons. The people on the left are wearing umbrella-like hats and raincoats, Noodle selling carries noodles in a yoke.