The Seba-juku was newly built with Shiojiri-juku and Motoyama-juku following the change of Nakasendo Road route in 1614. It is a lodging place that was crowded with people from Zenkoji temple. The Seba-juku was located approximately 7.2 km from the Shiojiri-juku. The town had a population of 661 (man 340、woman 321),163 houses, one honjin，one waki-honjin，and 29 hatago in the year 1843.
Evening scenery of the Nara River flowing west of the Seba-juku. Boats and rafts full of twigs go down the river, the big moon over the middle sky is illuminating the surface brightly.