The Fukushima-juku was born as a castle town of Mr. Kiso in the Sengoku period. The Fukushima checking station was established in the Edo era, and it is an accommodation site that became an important base for Edo defense with Usui checking station. The Fukushima-juku was located approximately 7 km from the Miyanokoshi-juku. The town had a population of 972 (man 494、woman 478), 158 houses, one honjin, one waki-honjin，and 14 hatago in the year 1843.
After finishing the inspection of the officials, the samurai who carried the load on the person's feet, Two travelers come in for checking. Two travelers are being inspected on their knees in the background.