The Mitake-juku is located in a place transcending some pass from Hosokute-juku. It was developed as a monza town of Gankouji tmple. According to the legend, "KaniYakushi" is derived from the appearance of "Yakushi Buddha" who came on the back of a crab from the pond in the Heian period. The Mitake-juku was located about 11.8 km from the Hosokute-juku. The town had a population of 600 (man 323、woman 277), 66 houses, one hon]m，one waki-honjin, and 28 hatago in the year 1843.
The writing on the building reads "Kichin-yado", it was used by a poor traveler. The owner is preparing a fire for a hot bath. An old lady is washing rice in the river to the left.