The Samegai-juku flourished as a lodging town from the Tousando road era. It is described as follows in "Kiso Road Picture Chart".「It is there to do there flows in the town of Sanshui four stone in this station fairly Silent cold without the increase or decrease in heat」as it is known for flowing clean water. This pure water will not change even now, heals the traveler. The Samegai-juku was located approximately 3.9 km from the Imasu-juku. The town had a population of 539 (man 266、woman 273),138 houses, one hon]m，one waki-honjin, and 11 hatago in the year 1843.
The two men holding a lance and a bamboo stilt are the tail end of the daimyo procession. " On the bank, a farmer smokes his cigarette as he is relieved from the pressures of the daimyo procession.